Friday, May 18, 2018

Where I've Been...

I know it's been a few days since there has been much of an update around here and if you follow on Instagram you might have seen the story images and videos I put up while in Belize last week.  This trip wasn't really about doing a lot of fly fishing, though I did get out for one day on the flats with Marlon of Blue Horizon Belize, but instead the focus was centered on helping out with a new idea dubbed the "Southern Belize Fly Tying Initiative".  More on that in the next few days as it was really cool to be apart this first push and excited to what this could grow into for the local communities.


I'm a week back from Belize where I immediately jumped into a 70 plus hour work week that I'm slowly crawling my way out of.  Add to the mix of catching up with the email inbox, packing up a few T.F.M. swag orders, editing my way through 1,200 images from the trip along the usual day in and day out responsibilities at home.  It's been a blur of a few days but things are simmering back to normal as the weekend approaches.

So, the lights are still on around here even if they were flickering a bit for the past few days.  I've got some stories to tell, other great content to share, several new fiberglass fly rods to talk about as IFTD approaches and on the future fly fishing trip front, the annual Beaver Island carp and smallmouth bender (along with some northern Michigan trout) is only about a month out.  Add to that a couple family camping trips to Virginia and North Carolina over the next two weekends and it's going to be a stellar spring.  Let's get after it.   

No comments: